Hi! I'm Courtney.
I am, and have always been at heart, a country music artist.
I’m currently recording my first fully produced EP and my first project of any kind in 10+ years. I am SO excited to finally have MY art released into the world.
That said, my deepest, truest passion is understanding the voice, how it works, how it makes music, and how I can help others use it to make their own art. Voice lessons are my happy place, and I’m here to make them yours, too.
Even though I’m making a country record, I was trained classically as a kid and a college student. There were a lot of pros and a lot of cons to training classically, when what I really wanted to do was sing country. But one of the best things about about my background is that I can now help YOU wherever you’re at. I speak “Classical” and I speak “Pop.” If you want to sing one or the other, or like me you need to transition from one to the other, I’ve got the technique and the strategy that work.
Are we right for each other?
- If you’re at the beginning of your journey and need help finding your voice as an artist, let’s talk.
- If you’ve been through a lot of training and feel like something (or a lot!) is missing, let’s talk.
- If you feel embarrassed to tell people what kind of music you make or want to make, let’s talk.
- If you’re trained in one style but really want to sing in another, let’s talk.
- If you want or need the flexibility to sing multiple styles from classical to pop (especially important as a musical actor!) let’s talk.
- If you need help building a practice routine that actually works, let’s talk.
- If you’re a singer with ANY background who feels frustrated, tense, and fatigued when trying to use your voice to meet your goals (recording studio! Stage performances! Whatever you want to do!) let’s talk.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Music Industry focusing on voice AND business and marketing.
- I have studied with Nashville coaches, taken classes, and read basically ALL THE BOOKS (okay, slight exaggeration) in my journey to find my voice and help others find theirs, so I know what works. Really.
- I’m currently an Associate in Training with Katie Talbot and Jason Catron. Katie and Jason are absolute experts in the technique that I already teach, and I am so excited to uplevel my game and make sure you get the absolute best when you work with me.
- I have been teaching for three years and have nothing but happy, successful students to show for it.
- I am constantly digging for the things I still don’t know. Learning is lifelong, and I’m never going to quit. You shouldn’t either!